View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 (Android) POHD Remote 

monty_burns_007 wrote:
I just started develloping a native iphone app for remote control.
Weehoo! Awesome :D
monty_burns_007 wrote:
Btw. i don't have a Apple Computer and a developer account :lol:
just use vmware/virtualbox and some signing tool :mrgreen:
Nice going man! I'd just like to point out that directly distributing your apps to the community is an Apple-approved method of distribution that has been around since the inception of the public iPhone OS SDK. Sometimes Apple has rejected an app and specifically told that developer to distribute the app himself.

There is a little bit of added headache i admit, each user must submit his UUID(s) for every iDevice the app will run on, when doing this the official way. But its dead easy to sign the packages yourself and you do not need any form of ADC account.

I feel that in the Mac OSX eco-system everybody appears to be playing by the rules but in the shadows close to everyone(including admittedly Apple themselves) are using every dirty 3rd party hack and modification available to unlock the potential of their machines and tweak the function of their OS. An unforeseen and mostly useful side-effect of the Intel transition, a lot of talented and bored Windows hackers rose to the challenge, and especially us old m68k/ppc mac users love them for it!

Ontopic, monty_burns_007 thanks for your beta ipa im installing it now. I have an iTouch 2G and an iPhone 3G, barely hanging on.I too fret the day i run out of juice in my batteries, can't find the remote(not lost the POHD one yet, good sign), or just feel like changing it up a bit!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next