View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 (Android) POHD Remote 

mikka wrote:
ceeram wrote:
isnt r4318 above r3582?

anyway, infosite has remote control page indeed, but i must say that it doesnt work for me.

'Control' page from InfoSite is working officially up to r4318, but I'm using patched version on the latest r4824, so practically it's working on every firmware. The main problem was Apple support. At one time I've posted patch for Safari web browser and very lately dedicated iPod website, but nobody was interested in testing it, so currently this item is stalled.

Anyway, good job insomnia!

I'll checkout InfoSite so i can make POHD Remote work with the older firmware too. The iPod dedicated website looks real nice. I'm not that good at designing a GUI, i never where lol.

Thanks InfoSite looks great but i have never try'ed it as the newer firmware has 'remote control', so i didn't need it.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

@Mikka i don't want to hijack the topic on infosite, so i'll pm you for this.

@Insomnia, if i get Infosite working on my POHD, im more then happy to test your app on it :)

I am thinking of updating to r4824 as well, but that is sdk3 which already has built in functionality for the remote, so i will try to get infosite running on sdk2 firmware first to test your app with older firmware.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Just to be clear, this discussion is all about the POHD with HDD, so not the mini?
I have a mini, but I would still like to be able to remote control the device with my Samsung Spica... any ideas whether it will work on the mini?
Another question: does it also work for music?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:32 am

robnijs wrote:
Just to be clear, this discussion is all about the POHD with HDD, so not the mini?
I have a mini, but I would still like to be able to remote control the device with my Samsung Spica... any ideas whether it will work on the mini?
Another question: does it also work for music?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

I don't think there is a way to make it work for the mini, or you must be able to install InfoSite in the mini then you could POHD Remote with InfoSite. But i don't know if you can install InfoSite on the mini.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:51 am
Profile WWW

I see some development going on here: viewtopic.php?f=114&t=9773&start=0

Alas, I am not a developer so I can't help. Wouldn't mind testing though!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:37 pm

excellent work guys!
next month i will get an android phone (i'm thinking a desire hd)
and an extra remote would be great!
now my question:

when using the app on android and i'm watching a movie on my tv
is it possible that when i have to go to the toilet/get a glass of cola etc.. to watch the same movie on the remote (the android app u create) for a while?
my wifi is N so data streaming isn't a problem and the desire hd has an processor that's quick enough for hd movie.
that would be so great!! then i don't have the use the pauze button and my wife can watch on tv and i on my phone the same movie

something like this is done on the new samsung tv's and it would be great to have it on my playonhd.

keep up the good work!

playonhd r 4824
solid ip
wifi n
almost htc desire hd android 2.2

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 pm

insomnia wrote:
molislaegers wrote:
The app works great on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000!

Good work!

a few bugs?:

- When I update the movie list, I only see my sub directories in the movie directorie, no movies files or information.
- I've got a 2 TB harddisk in the POHD, but in the information screen I only see 1 TB

For know it only scans the movie folder, it lists the folder names and looks for an .nfo inside. So for know only this structure works:

movie/<movie name>/<movie name>.nfo

I asume that you have something liks this:

movie/<sub-directory>/>movie name>/<movie name>.nfo

I'll try to think of a way to scan every directory for an movie file, and lists the movie files instead of just movie directories.

Any updates on this?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:20 pm

This great, would be cool if you could get it close to a MPD clone ;)

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5682

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Is the GUI of this remote still a work in progress, of is it finished? Because if you need a few buttons designed, i'll be happy to help :)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm

monty_burns_007 wrote:
I just started develloping a native iphone app for remote control.
Weehoo! Awesome :D
monty_burns_007 wrote:
Btw. i don't have a Apple Computer and a developer account :lol:
just use vmware/virtualbox and some signing tool :mrgreen:
Nice going man! I'd just like to point out that directly distributing your apps to the community is an Apple-approved method of distribution that has been around since the inception of the public iPhone OS SDK. Sometimes Apple has rejected an app and specifically told that developer to distribute the app himself.

There is a little bit of added headache i admit, each user must submit his UUID(s) for every iDevice the app will run on, when doing this the official way. But its dead easy to sign the packages yourself and you do not need any form of ADC account.

I feel that in the Mac OSX eco-system everybody appears to be playing by the rules but in the shadows close to everyone(including admittedly Apple themselves) are using every dirty 3rd party hack and modification available to unlock the potential of their machines and tweak the function of their OS. An unforeseen and mostly useful side-effect of the Intel transition, a lot of talented and bored Windows hackers rose to the challenge, and especially us old m68k/ppc mac users love them for it!

Ontopic, monty_burns_007 thanks for your beta ipa im installing it now. I have an iTouch 2G and an iPhone 3G, barely hanging on.I too fret the day i run out of juice in my batteries, can't find the remote(not lost the POHD one yet, good sign), or just feel like changing it up a bit!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next