[HOWTO] Install MPD - Music Player Daemon
I've been doing a little bit of investigation into running MPD and managing it using MPoD for iPhone - with some success.
This is where I've got to.
Optware must be installed.
1) Telnet to your PlayonHD
2) Install MPD and associated required packages. At the prompt:
3) Install SQLite for the database side of MPD. At the prompt:
4) Navigate to /opt/etc
5) At the prompt
This will get a sample mpd.conf file
6) At the prompt
This will open mpd.conf for editing. Using vi commands - see http://www.lagmonster.org/docs/vi.html
This is the reference I used, http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Configuration
The things that need to be edited are:
8) Create MPD db using
/opt/bin/mpd --create-db /opt/etc/mpd.conf
9) Start MPD using
10) Install MPoD on your iPhone - its a free app from the app-store
11) Configure using the IP of your PlayonHD and the port you configured (6600)
12) Connect, you should be able to see your music and control it
This may not be perfect - I wrote it from memory...