View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:30 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Playon!DVR-HD : Tell us Dual DVBT Tuner or Analog+DVBT? 

Thanks everyone for your input and enthusiasm.... keep 'em comin'

@krunos, Playon!DVR-HD is capable of recording 2 channels at the same time, tested in the labs by our engineers. But at this moment I'mnot sure whether it has been implemented in the user interface of the firmware. If it is not in the launch shipping firmware, then it should be in some firmware upgrade version.

@dhe123, sure the recorded shows can be viewed on Playon!HD, PlayonHD Mini and practically anywhere! (hint! hint! I'm dropping a clue to a unique feature ;)). The analog recordings are MPEG2, the digital recordings are .TS

yes, there is an A/V-in in both models

when? what? how? ... subscribe to the newsletter http://www.playondvr.com and you'll be the first to know.

ps. sorry for the tease, we are really in the middle of the final steps like preparing press releases, planning with the resellers which models to have (thanks again for your help), product brochures etc.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

krunos wrote:
and something else i did not understand - while a recording (or more than one recording) is in progress, will i be able to use the DVR HD to watch other recordings, or to stream content from my home network?

Yes, as far as I know, you can use the DVR-HD to do other things while it is doing recording. whether it has enough processing power for you to still do other things when there is 2 recordings going, I do not know now. Will need actual further testing to be sure. Do note, it is pre-launch and much information is not yet ready which is what we are working on.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

krunos wrote:
yap, thanks for your answer.

i'm sorry for bugging you but i just want to make sure i understand everything - you said that it has the ability of recording from 2 different channels at the same time. i didn't understand if you mean that this ability will be available in future firmwares only with the dual tuner model, or even in the regular tuner version, as long as the channels are on the same frequency.

with the dongle that i have bought for my HTPC, for example, i can record from all 5 channels at the same time, and it has only one tuner.

and the more important question - can you please tell me if it will support the aac v2 audio codec? otherwise you won't be able to sell it in israel.

Thanks again.

I know that it is able to record 2 channels at one time, one each from the 2 tuners (2 DVBT models). However, I dont know yet whether this has been put into the user interface in the launch firmware or will it be in future firmware.

Is DVR-HD able to record mutliple channels at one time on the same frequency... don't know. We'll certainly check this out. Quite frankly it's the first time I hear of this, I'll surely ask our engineers about it.

AAC V2, can you send me a sample file? thx!
(if the file is too big, you can try sending it with a big file sender like www.yousendit.com)

Keep the questions coming.

Anyone else from more countries who can help us about the type of models for your country?

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm
Profile WWW

yes, there will be component inputs (in my earlier posts, I refer to this as AV-In, or Analog Input) so people will be able to record from their set top boxes they are using to recieve the cables and sattelite companies broadcasts.

Thx for the info, I'll pass it to our guys to check it out.

thx everyone... keep the info comin'

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next