View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Playon!DVR-HD : Tell us Dual DVBT Tuner or Analog+DVBT? 

UPDATE: We've got Netherlands, UK, Finland, Hungary, Russia, Israel, Thailand, New Zealand
Even when you see that someone from your country has already contributed info, please do still tell us about YOUR preference. This is because in some countries, the analog to digital transition is still happening and for some users, analog TV is still very relavant eg. in Netherlands, there will be both models because some users are still on analog TV.

Playon!DVR-HD is coming - really, and finally :)

2 models will be produced but perhaps only one of the models will be available in your country.

1. Playon!DVR-HD Digital+Analog TV Tuner [ACR-PV75100]
with combi Analog + DVB-T Tuner

2. Playon!DVR-HD Dual Digital TV Tuner [ACR-PV75120]
with dual DVB-T TV Tuner

fyi, with this new coming Playon!DVR-HD, the DVB-T tuner is capable of receiving/watching DVB-T broadcasted in MPEG2 & MPEG4 (H.264)

Help us understand which countries need which models, or both models. We would like you to tell us:
a) what's your prefererence? Digital+Analog or Dual Digital?
b) your country

Thankx!!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile WWW

I don't really see what you mean with analog+digital or dual digital to be honest :lol:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi there Yap,

i´m from the netherlands,
i don´t use the DVB-T But DVB-C or analoge.

although all three are posible here in Holland not everybody is using DVB-T.

so best would be here analoge/DVB-T for the netherlands.

;)

"PV73800 v9.5.5.r7317"
"PV76120 v8.5.4.r7317_(European)"

Via HDMI to Onkyo TX-SR508 via HDMI to the tv
All connected by cat6 trough two linksys WRT320N`s to internet. pc WIN7 en laptop Win7

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile WWW

I think for The Netherlands you would better implement both support for DVB-C(+) AND DVB-T. But that is just my opinion.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm in the UK, and this is exactly what I've been waiting for. We need Dual DVB-T over here. If you can make it so recorded shows can be played on the regular playonhd, then I'll be first in the queue for one. Roughly when will it be released?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 pm

mking wrote:
I think for The Netherlands you would better implement both support for DVB-C(+) AND DVB-T. But that is just my opinion.

if that is possible i`ll buy one imediatelly.

;)

"PV73800 v9.5.5.r7317"
"PV76120 v8.5.4.r7317_(European)"

Via HDMI to Onkyo TX-SR508 via HDMI to the tv
All connected by cat6 trough two linksys WRT320N`s to internet. pc WIN7 en laptop Win7

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

How about making it work with any type of tuners, ie, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T?

AC ryan can sell the tuner as a separate module depending on customer's country.

In Thailand, we use only DVB-S and DVB-C at the moment with the possibility of adding DVB-S2 channels in the future.

So, my answers are

a) dual digital with switchable tuners depending on customer needs.
b) Thailand

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am

Hey yap,

very exciting news.

here in israel right now we have only 5 channels broadcasted in dvb-t and they are all on the same frequency, so right now there is no need for dual dvb-t tuner. maybe in the future when they'll add more channels or start broadcasting in HD, we will need dual tuners, but i really don't see that happening in the next 2-3 years, and i assume that by 2013 you will sell a new and improved playon! product.

as for the analog tuner - it will be a good thing here, but only as long as there will be composite input or at least S-Video, so we will be able to record from the cables and the sattelites companies STB's.

the most important thing here in israel is that the product will support the audio codec that is in use here for the DVB-T transmissions - AAC V2

and one more important thing for israel - hebrew support for the EPG.

Few more questions - as i wrote, we have 5 channels transmitted by DVB-T, all on the same frequency. therefore, techniclly, there is an option to record from all of the channels at the same time, even with only one tuner. will the playon!DVR-HD support that option? or at least recording from 2 channels at the same time? will there be an option to watch a recording or a file from the HDD or being streamed from the network while a recording is in progress?

and i will be very happy to get more information - technical details, price and much more important - when will you start selling it?

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 am

Sourge wrote:
I don't really see what you mean with analog+digital or dual digital to be honest :lol:

Well, the DVR-HD has TV Tuners built-in so it can receive TV broadcast signals. Analog TV Tuner works for those who are still receiving analog TV broadcasts typically through aerial or cable. Some countries have implemented DVB-T, well most countries have done so. It's more a matter of at what stage and how many channels are available free to air.

So the DVR-HD model with Analog+Digital (ACR-PV75100) would have a hybrid tuner that is able to receive analog broadcast as well as DVBT broadcast. This would be then similar to the previous model DVR-T except the new model is FullHD and is able to recevie both MPEG2 and MPEG4 (H.264) DVBT.

The DVR-HD model with dual Digital will have 2 DVBT tuners, meaning you can watch one channel and record another channel.

Both models have an analog in, so if you are using a set top box for your TV channels, you can always connect the video out (A/V Out) of the set top box to the A/V In of the DVR-HD

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:05 pm
Profile WWW

muonic wrote:
How about making it work with any type of tuners, ie, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T?

AC ryan can sell the tuner as a separate module depending on customer's country.

In Thailand, we use only DVB-S and DVB-C at the moment with the possibility of adding DVB-S2 channels in the future.

So, my answers are

a) dual digital with switchable tuners depending on customer needs.
b) Thailand

DVB-C, DVB-S, DVB-S2... we hear you! certainly considerations for future "flavors" of Playon!DVR-HD. It would require hardware (tuner) deisgn and software (programming the firmware). And you know we've got the leet team to get that done ;)While we can't promise it now, it would be a matter of time and guaging the user demand. The tuners are switchable, so if we would get that done, it should be a matter of changing the tuners.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next