View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PC Format Veolo Review 

You see guys, this is what happens when there are too many marketing guys in your company. I was kind of surprised to see Telegraaf (one of Holland's biggest newspapers) in the review list. Well first of all, it was not in the paper but only on their website. The parts you copied were only the positive parts of the review! Some points they did not like:
- Een minpunt van de Veolo is dat het niet standaard Universal Plug & Play (UPnP) ondersteunt. (A drawback of the Veolo is the lack of UPnP support)
- AC Ryan geeft toe dat niet in alle gevallen de standraad mappen zoals 'Mijn video's gevonden kan worden en dat het beste is om een nieuw openbare map te maken. Erg omslachtig allemaal. (AC Ryan admits that not in all cases the standard folders such as My Videos can be found and suggests to create a new public folder. Very cumbersome.)
- De meegeleverde handleiding is een aanfluiting. (The manual is a joke)
- Helaas is het afspelen van video’s niet in alle gevallen stabiel. Zeker bij het afspelen van grote bestanden kunnen er haperingen optreden. (Unfortunately playing videos is not always stable. Especially when playing large files hiccups can occur.)
- Het is jammer dat het product aan de binnenkant gewoon nog niet af is. (Too bad the product is not finished on the inside.)

And to make it even worse, this review is "quoted" to give 4 out of 5 stars. But there is no rating at all! Some stuff was good, some bad, some not ready. That's all they said.
I understand you need good reviews and I'm sure you will get them. But selective quoting and inventing ratings is just pathetic. Earn it and be honest. Nothing learned from the past. SHAME ON YOU!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Arne and Mikael, you missed my point completely. Don't bother going into technical details about the product, my problem is the way AC Ryan is misleading potential customers by cleaning up reviews. Yes, people can always read the original article. Again not the point. I've looked into the other reviews and found even more discrepancies.
Hartware- Germany : no rating, but generally positive review
Hardware Magazine Malaysia : no review online (yet)?? Google found nothing??
Telegraaf : already discussed
3dGameman : 100% kick ass = 5/5 stars (OK)
KitGuru : 8/10 stars = 4/5 stars (OK)
Hardware Woensdag : no rating, lots of criticism in the report
Hardware.info : "good basis but needs improvement", "cannot be recommended", this is NOT 4/5!!
Hardwareluxx : seem to be happy with it (OK)
Guru3D : "recommend only it if you are the gadget kind of guy", that's no 4/5 stars...

So, out of 9 "quoted" reviews, only 3 (maybe 4) really hold up. I don't care if your system only works with the star rating system, change it if you have to. But what you've done here is just plain LYING on several parts. No way to do business and I would be interested in how the writers of these articles feel about this. Again, shame on you.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:41 pm

If you dislike the brand so much who dont sell your player and buy one from another brand ?

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:17 pm

What does my criticism on AC Ryan when it comes to marketing have to do with selling a player? If you don't like this (in my opinion justified) criticism, why read and respond to it? Don't try to shut people up because you don't like what they say. If some of my statements should be wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next