So I struggle to connect to the SD or USB attached. All I want to do is copy files from PC over the network onto an SD or USB,
Tried everything to copy file no success.
Last night I paid for an FTP client just as I was advised. I am able to see the device but not a single byte is transferred.
I'm again asking for help.
AC RYAN PLEASE HELP.
A simple user guide would be worth its weight in Gold at this point because this trial error is waste of time
Who did advise you to buy a FTP Client. Just for your info there are great ftp clients that are free out there for example FTPRush or FileZilla. You can google them and use them without paying. VEOLO as Server:
1. start up VEOLO and goto SETUP -> NETWORK -> NETWORK SERVICE SETTINGS -> FTP Settings -> FTP 'On'
2. on your pc connect to VEOLO's Ip address + port 21 with a FTP Client as mentioned aboveVEOLO as Client:
1. start up VEOLO and goto Apps -> ES File Explorer (built-in)
2. click on 'sdcard' on the top left corner and choose FTP
3. press 'menu' on remote control and choose 'new'
4. choose 'FTP'
5. enter the details of the server you want to connect to (can also be outside of your network if connected to internet for example)
That's basically it. There is other free FTP Clients for Android as well. Just check our Apps sections here to get some free 'market' pages where you will find multiple clients.
I am very sorry if this didn't work or is unclear for you but basically you don't need to pay anything to use this feature. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
best regards & happy FTP'ing