Re: Lack of support from A.c.Ryan
@ Kraakie + Duivels, Playon!HD Essential does have 'Setup>Network'Samba' feature. It should also work to browse/share samba shares to and from the Playon!HD Essential.
I'm sorry to hear that you have not received support. For direct support, if you don't get replies on the forum, you can reach us by email and phone. You have the details on our support page -> http://www.acryan.com/support/
- You can also get help in Swedish since you seem to have bought your device in Sweden.
Please try the following to sort your problem. Download this firmware -> http://www.acryan.com/downloads/PV73500 ... ropean.zip
and install this version using the following method:
Safe-mode flashing procedure:
1. Download and extract the .install.img and bin.wifi.zip into the root folder of a USB-stick. Make sure the USB-stick is formatted to FAT32.
2. Insert the USB-stick to your player.
3. Shutdown the player.
4. Press and hold down the power button in front of the player for 15 seconds.
5. Your player will restart and install the new firmware.
**Do not power off the unit during the flashing process!**
After you have installed, please make sure you have 'Setup>network>samba on'. Then make sure you have your USB-dongle with the product number: ACR-WN10002 (if you have another number on the actual USB-dongle, it will not work!) and with your remote control go to: 'Setup>network>wired installation' and if your router/ssid is transmitting, you can connect to this and enter your key to your local network.
If the above does not work, please let us know what you have done and exactly what goes wrong.