Everybody has it's own opinion which is fine but besides some smaller issues the box is working fine. In the end it all depends on how you use the player and for most people it does work fine. For the rest we can only say sorry that you feel that way but we are constantly working on the firmware to improve etc.
Hope you understand this.
These are nice words, Arne, but unfortunatelly not true.
You don't have just 'smaller' issues, you have major and bacis bugs.
Regarding playback I am more or less satisfied. But that can be done by a device of half price without internal HDD. Here are the basic problems I am facing all the times:
- Transmission freezes regularly. I don't use it any more. See other topics, many customers face this problem. It also leaves corrupted files on the HDD which cannot be deleted either by the device itself or the computer.
- Reset loop: almost everyone has faced this for one month. An IMMEDIATE FW upgrade should have been released. None of the staff reacted.
- File management bug 1: After having created a new folder to put some movies there, the POHD2 resetted itself until I removed it.
- File management bug 2: file copy from network drive. Regularly stops, freezes, leaving corrupted files on the HDD which cannot be deleted either by the device itself or the computer.
- File management bug 3: when connected to a PC via USB3 slave, it also freezes regularly after a longer or shorter time. CANNOT BE USED AS A STABLE EXTERNAL DRIVE, EITHER!!!
POHD2 does not have ANY STABLE MEANS OF FILE TRANSFER!!!
I'm not using the internet facilities so I have no experience.
As a summary - AND BELIEVE ME THAT IT IS TRUE - a customer without high computer skills SIMPLY CANNOT USE POHD2. Either gets dispose of it or takes it back to the dealer.
You left all of your customers alone for one month without any indication of your plans or any apology. My company is also producing electronic devices and this behaviour of yours was shocking to me. We would normally lose our customers if we behaved this way.
Well, no wonder that you have lost many of us, too. And don't be surprized that this rumour will spread. You simply can't imagine how much time we wasted on getting your device work.
It's a shame.