Re: TViXiE2Playon!HD successfully deployed on gui2.0 firmwar
Hello i upgrade to Firmware_PV73100_v7.4.4.r5440_European now but now when i open a movie in the jukebox the stop function does not work anymore the movie stil playing when i push the stop buttom on the remote.
And in the slow fuction i onley see the folder but not the movie sheet anymore i have renamed everything for the moviesheet i used about and for the folder iuse 0001
There were some changes in this new firmware version that gave me some headache... but I manage to overcome the issues:
1) unable to stop a movie. I had to made some changes to category.rss that is uploaded to the player with the update.bat file. Replace the category.rss from the new 0.31 version and execute undo.bat and update.bat to put it on the player.
2) files manager does not show moviesheet anymore. In the new firmware version the moviesheet image (shown when slow button is pressed) must be 0001.jpg. The first alphabetical ordered file is shown as thumbnail. Therefore I modified the template files to generate 0000.jpg and 0001.jpg files with Thumbgen and use them with TViXiE2Playon!HD. I reverse-engineered this behavior, hope this is correct and stays the same (see Changing files manager behavior regarding file names
for details, hope ACRyan can provide details). I made a script changenames.bat
that is able to change the used template files by thumbgen and TViXiE2Playon!HD to the other firmware version requirements. The provided templates are now based on the r5540 version (I like the shortcuts, although not applicable to jukebox index.htm files
). To enable the change after running changenames.bat you have to (re)run extend.bat which tells you what to do when you already run it before.
New version gui2update0.31.zip
So if you have already installed gui2update and want to get it working for firmware version r5540 you have to:
1) replace category.rss from 0.3 with the 0.31 version
2) run undo.bat and update.bat
3) copy changenames.bat from 0.31 to gui2update directory and run it
4) run extend.bat, perform the action reported and rerun extend.bat
5) remove all .jpg files generated by thumbgen part of your jukebox
6) update thumbgen profile manually as shown in the _readme.txt or copy the provided profile to the profile directory of thumgen
7) run thumbgen, select "Process files/folders", select movies in jukebox and execute "Create from Metadata". This will generate new .jpg files with correct names without changing the images etc.
8) enjoy your Jukebox
For additional information see _readme.txt and changelog.txt in the zip file.