View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 [Official] Firmware_PV73100_v7.4.x.r3966 

hi ac ryan guys..... youtube doesn't work again....why!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody knows something about?!?!?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:57 pm

cudi1071 wrote:
hi ac ryan guys..... youtube doesn't work again....why!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody knows something about?!?!?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

YouTube has made some changes and all their video feeds given by the link on the POHD YouTube rss feeds are now in 3GP video containers vs mpeg, flv etc ... Unfortunately the POHD does not recognized that video container and you get the unable to play media format message or the video is just being skipped because it cannot play it. If you look at the YouTube xml feed you will see that all media:contain url= something.3gp ; see example below:

<media:content url='rtsp://v2.cache6.c.youtube.com/CiQLENy73wIaGwln--SCoEDpphMYESARFEgGUghzdGFuZGFyZAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp' type='video/3gpp' medium='video' expression='full' duration='51' yt:format='6'/>

I believe a firmware change will be needed for the POHD to recognize the .3gp file extension; the codec used in that container are commonly used so POHD should be able to decode. See this link for more info on the 3GP video container: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GP_and_3G2

Anyhow still investigating this issue with YouTube so I could be wrong here but I do not think that I am. It is possible that other format exist on a different xml youtube link I just don't know.

Cheers !!!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:54 pm

After updated to v7.4.4.r3966:

1. Network connection to file transfer (Windows <> POHD) decreases to 1Mb/s; With old firmware was 4 ~ 5Mb/s.

2. You tube feature is useful; But on my 73100 it had worked for only a few days...
I could see several youtube videos... But suddenly stop working! Now, i can search youtube videos... but can't play! Whe i try to play, POHD plays nothing.

3. Picasa aren't stable; When you are searching photos, POHD reboots sometimes... When works, sometimes, it don't show button to go to next page... You need to come back to last page and back again to next page to show NEXT button...

Features like YouTube and Video podcasts are excellent, but are not working well...

Thanks

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

I have the 1st PlayOn! HD and just upgraded to the new firmware and the User Interface is alot easier to look at but the response in the menu's seem alot slower then the previous GUI. The fast forwarding of movies are alot faster then before. One thing that you guys took out that you really need to put back in is the Time Index when you are fast forwarding or rewinding, now I know if you just hit info it will show up but i think this should be a default that should always be displayed when your moving forward or backwards.

Also and I've said it before I'm waiting for NetFlix to be added. I'm thinking about just making a media center instead and dropping my box cause of that reason.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 am

YouTube issue, please check this URL -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15436&p=106100#p106100

Br,

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 am
Profile WWW

I've noticed that my PlayOn HD has crashed it's link in my network several times and have had to shut it down and power it back up to get it working. It's very slow response with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with my file manager. I've also noticed that the xfer speed over my network has gone down from a 3.50 meg a sec to 1.50 meg. This firmware needs to be reworked.

I've been trying to rename files on my PlayOn and as of now my connection to my player drops after the 1st rename. There's serious problems with the network coding on this firmware.

I just tried the YouTube app and searched for one of my posters and clicked on a video and it seemed instead of showing the video it just went went thru each of there video without showing the video.

Ok this is kinda odd, so i'm watching one of my video's on my player and I decided to try to finish my renaming of some files and it worked without any problem. Now before the player was just on but not doing anything at all so that's kinda odd.

Here's a picture of what happend when it crashed when i had xfered a 13 Gig file, it was still uploading but the gui had crashed.

Last edited by Bean007 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Is there a stable version of firmware on this acryan? Does it excist?
I'm not verry technical but can downgrade. To wich version is the best when i want to use my network as NAS server?
Thanks
Michel

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:28 pm

mdrongelen wrote:
Is there a stable version of firmware on this acryan? Does it excist?
I'm not verry technical but can downgrade. To wich version is the best when i want to use my network as NAS server?
Thanks
Michel

Version 7.3.x.r4824 was quite stable in the network, I would recommend that one.
The ftp of v7.4.x.r3966 for me is usable when I keep the data transfer high, but NAS will crash after seconds.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:32 am

After insltalling the new software no problems, only when I
I starting up photo's , after a few photo's the system is complete blocked, no music only the same photo on the screen, the remote also does not work anymory
only solution is to put the power of the system

does anyone recognize this? and maybe a solution for this problem.
Thanks

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Not sure why but all of a sudden i cannot on the samba and BT

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:29 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next