This is Part 1 of my extensive revision of the too simple MacInstallation guide for moviejukebox http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/MacInstallation
which generates an HTML jukebox for your media center movies library to be used on POHD.
Good luck, any questions feel free to PM me MichaelMy final Terminal results are at the end of Part 1.
filefc8f.png [ 209.97 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]
YAMJ Installation only for intel macs O/S 10.5 and above.
file4565.png [ 539.01 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]
1. Download the latest version of MovieJukebox from here http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/downloads/list
-Move the downloaded moviejukebox_v1 folder to the root of your applications folder. -Rename the moviejukebox_v1 folder to MovieJukeBox
2. Download the latest version of MediaInfo CLI from HERE http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/files/binary/mediainfo/0.7.27/MediaInfo_CLI_0.7.27_Mac_Universal.dmg/download
-Double click on MediaInfo_CLI_0.7.27_Mac_Universal.dmg
-Install the extracted MediaInfo CLI.pkg program to your Mac hard drive.
3. Then search for the hidden unix executable file called mediainfo on the root of your Mac hard drive.
If you want to use the Terminal to show the hidden files:
(type) defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
(type) killall Finder
If you want to later use the Terminal to hide the files again:
(type) defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
(type) killall Finder (click enter)
4. Now locate the mediainfo unix executable file in the visible root of your Mac HD:
-Go to your MAC HD/usr/local/bin folder where mediainfo
(See photo here)http://bp0.blogger.com/_ZkO0uD8DlQA/SDHf8CLxpJI/AAAAAAAAEbU/GxDubrgjhvQ/s1600-h/Picture+1.png
-Copy this mediainfo unix executable file into /applications/Moviejukebox/mediaInfo/
-This mediaInfo folder won't exist so you'll need to create it
5. Open up java preferences in Utilities to see if you have Java6 SE 64 bit
installed and if the box is checked.
-Download the version 1.6 of Java from HERE if you don’t have it and install it.http://support.apple.com/downloads/Java_for_Mac_OS_X_10_5_Update_1
6. Afterwards open up /Applications/MovieJukeBox/Moviejukebox.sh file in TextEdit and change the path in there to where your java installation just went too.
-If the installation of Java went to:
so the code in the moviejukebox.sh file should be:System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Commands/java
-Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath .:./resources:./lib/* com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox "$@"(**Make sure you get all the spaces exactly as they are written in all these commands or it won't work**)
7. Then open up the example-library.xml file in the Moviejukebox folder and rename it ACR_Library.xml
-Scroll down to here and edit the path :
-change the path in volumes to the actual names of your HD/archive folder/movie folder
-change both the names nmtpath to playerpath
<path>/Volumes/Name of your Mac HD/Name of your archive folder/Name of movie folder
>file://../Name of your Mac HD/Name of your archive folder/Name of movie folder/</playerpath
8. Put your movies in the Name of your Mac HD/Name of your archive folder/Name of your movie folder
9. Copy and Move the moviejukebox.properties file in the properties folder one up to the Moviejukebox folder.
10. In properties folder open up moviejukebox-default.properties file
-scroll down to here and edit.
-type in your movie location exactly as shown.
# Default player path for
mjb.playerRootPath=file://Name of your Mac HD/Name of your archive folder/Name of your movie folder/
# Default Player Path for A.C. Ryan
with 1 hard disk.
# For other configurations please see http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/NMTRootPaths
#mjb.playerRootPath=file://Name of your Mac HD/Name of your movie archive folder/Name of your movie folder/
11. Open Terminal
(type this command exactly!) cd /applications/moviejukebox
(then press enter)
(type this command exactly!)
bash moviejukebox.sh ACR_Library.xml –O /Volumes/Name of your Mac HD/Name of your archive folder/Name of movie folder
(then press enter)
12. After terminal is finished, check in your movie folder for the Jukebox folder and
the index.html file just generated.
13. Double click on the index.html file , click on the movie generated in YAMJ and click on the play arrow
to play your movie in mac.End of Part 1.
bash moviejukebox.sh ACR_Library.xml –O /Volumes/Snow.Leopard/MoviesHDArchive/MoviesHD
Yet Another Movie Jukebox v1.7
~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/
Copyright (c) 2004-2009 YAMJ Members
This software is licensed under a Creative Commons License
See this page: http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/License
Build Date: 2010-01-09 15:36:39
Processing started at Fri Jan 29 22:36:59 CET 2010
Using properties file ./properties/moviejukebox-default.properties
Using properties file ./moviejukebox.properties
Using properties file ./skins/default/skin.properties
Using properties file ./properties/apikeys.properties
jukeboxRoot is null in properties file. Please fix this as it may cause errors.
Using 1 scanning threads and 1 processing threads...
See README.TXT for increasing performance using these settings.
Scanning library directory /Volumes/Snow.Leopard/MoviesHDArchive/MoviesHD
Jukebox output goes to /Volumes/Snow.Leopard/MoviesHDArchive/MoviesHD
Found 2 movies in your media library
Searching for movies information...
Updating data for: 17 Again
Finished: 17 Again (1/2)
Updating data for: 500 Days Of Summer
Finished: 500 Days Of Summer (2/2)
Writing movie data...
Writing Indexes XML...
Writing Indexes HTML...
Copying new files to Jukebox directory...
Copying resources to Jukebox directory...
Clean up temporary files
Jukebox cleaning skipped
MovieJukebox process completed at Fri Jan 29 22:37:34 CET 2010
Processing took 00:00:34