View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 [HOW TO] Update your Firmware and extensions 

Code:
Estimated Time:          10 min
Level:                   Easy
Operating System(s):     NA
Category:                System Update
Firmware:                Same for all Firmware and extension Versions

Follow the instructions below to update your Firmware for the Playon!HD:

Standard updating of firmware
  1. Download the latest firmware from our download section or our latest beta version from our forums.
  2. Unzip your downloaded zip onto an empty USB stick. Make sure that the files within the zip are unzipped within the root of the USB stick.
  3. Put your USB stick into one of the USB ports of the Playon!HD.
  4. Startup your Playon!HD if it not already on.
  5. In the menu, go to Setup, choose System, then go to System Update and select the option System Upgrade.
  6. Your Firmware Update will now be progressed. Do not shup down your Playon!HD while the Playon!HD is processing your Firmware Update. The Playon!HD will reboot automatically.
  7. After the Playon!HD has rebooted, your new Firmware is installed.

If you are unable to access your main menu, please proceed as follows (this also installs the extensions):

Safe-Mode Reflash
  1. Download the latest firmware from our download section or our latest beta version from our forums, also download the extensions.
  2. Unzip your downloaded zips onto an empty USB stick. Make sure that the files within the zips are unzipped within the root of the USB stick.
  3. Disconnect the power cable from the Playon!HD.
  4. Put your USB stick into one of the USB ports of the Playon!HD.
  5. Push the power button and hold it pushed.
  6. Connect your power cable again.
  7. Hold the power button pushed until you get a screen which says that the firmware is updating.
  8. Do not release the power button between the time of connecting the power cable and the appearing of the screen.
  9. After firmware update the Playon!HD will reboot itself, with the extensions installed and you're done.

NOTE: Please do not send me any PM or contact me on MSN. I do no longer work for AC Ryan, neither do I want to be associated with current AC Ryan management. Please contact AC Ryan support for your questions.

Last edited by junwei on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renaming methods.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm

@Rene: we do not have such an option right now. I must say that it is a good idea and possible to be done in the firmware. Would be a good suggestion to take a look at in further firmware update.

However, the external files will always be available in case any automatic updates fail, just like bgraham34 said.

NOTE: Please do not send me any PM or contact me on MSN. I do no longer work for AC Ryan, neither do I want to be associated with current AC Ryan management. Please contact AC Ryan support for your questions.

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi ssyam,

No you can install the last fireware directly. It has everything included. If you don't like a version you can also downgrade to other firmwares without installing new / old ones.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 pm
For example you haven't USB Flash Drive...
NO PROBLEM!!!
Take an SD card from PDA, camera, or your mobile phone!
Just use the same instructions as for USB Drive update.

Tested at my device.
Updated from Ver. v7.06.r1402 to Ver. v7.06.r2160
SD Card Transcend 4GB 150x formatted in FAT32

Works great!

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next