Re: [video] Daroon Player for DVD Folder playback
to achieve this you could root your veolo and than mount your network shares with cifs manager. In Daroon Player you than can select that mounted folder as media folder in it's Settings. This is actually easier than it sounds if you follow the steps. Aprox. 5-10min. i would say
How to root: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=17117
How to mount and use Cifs manager: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=17327
Once you have mounted a network share onto your veolo you can:
1. open daroon player app and press the 'menu' button to goto 'settings'.
2. afterwards choose 'Media Files Scan settings' and than 'Media directories'.
3. click on 'add directory' on the top and browse to the folder you have mounted your network share in
4. click 'ok' and go back to the main menu auf daroon player and it should scan the folder
5. now you can goto dvd folder etc. to playback your dvd folders.
To open videos by default with another app you can easily choose the built-in Es File Explorer from the apps section. You than browse to the file you want to open and click on it and HOLD the mouse button. A little menu pops up and you can choose 'open as'. Now you choose video/audio and select daroon player to open it. Make sure to check the box beneath the daroon player saying 'use by default for this action'.
If you open the file again now it will directly open with daroon player.
Let me know if you guys need some more help with the above and i hope you can give it a try. As mentioned it sounds more difficult than it is. Once you did it it's very easy to repeat the steps.