View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:46 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 [BETA]_Firmware_Playon!HD Mini2_PV73800 v9.5.5.r4585 

Hello Playon!HD Mini2 owners!

We are happy to announce our new beta firmware.
Below you will find links to download this new firmware together with the change log and instructions on how to install this firmware. Please make sure you get the right firmware version for your product.

Firmware:

Firmware_PV73800_v9.5.5.r4585.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!aFcVFJjb!ZJ5iVQydS ... tUrgIrS18w

Change log

Improved areas where requiring a password input, the entry does not show up under the virtual keyboard input field and not saved under Input History
Improved correct sorting of titles alphabetically when locating Jukebox index.htm over network
Improved various menu language translations and OSD errors
Improved displaying of music title in ID3 tag during playback instead of the file name
Improved USB keyboard workability in various environment
Improved Shoutcast now shows the progress and total amount of items loading
Add Subtitle On/Off option under SETUP - MISC to set default action of displaying subtitles on playback
Add more zoom options, 0.9x > 0.7x > 0.5x after the last X:100% Y:100% selection
Fix Folder Protection bug of not unlocking when the default password '0000' is changed
Fix Clear History to remove records under Recently Added Music and Recently Added Movies instead of hiding them
Fix screensaver of not starting when a video playback is paused
Fix reboot when pressing enter key on an empty Mediafly search entry
Fix pressing Home button when playing any music will randomly stop playback
Fix Photo Slideshow not being able to pause when the Pause button is pressed. Works on with both Play and Pause button.
Fix YouTube XL not loading on the first entry
Fix Shoutcast when fetching large results will randomly freeze the unit
Fix time indicator mis-matched when doing a time skipping (pressing left/right button) after a GOTO operation
Fix incorrect YouTube view count
Fix during video zoomed condition, pressing 'audio', 'subtitles' or 'info' will reset zoom mode
Supports Underline and Italic parameters in SRT subtitles
Supports both ID3v2.4 UTF-8 and ID3v2.3 UTF-16 tags

Known issues:
*Please use Setup>System>Screensaver>Options>Default (don’t use ‘Photo Album or ‘Flickr’ or system might crash!)
*Playback of .avi files with NFS protocol will not work.

The flashing Procedures: We have 2x separate ways to flash your firmware. We strongly recommend you to use the ‘Safe-Mode method’ when it’s the first time you install this new firmware.

Safe-Mode method (*recommended!):
1. Download and extract the .zip file into the root folder of a USB-stick. Make sure the USB-stick is formatted to FAT32.
2. Insert the USB-stick to your player.
3. Shutdown the player.
4. Press and hold down the power button in front of the player for 15 seconds.
5. Your player will restart and install the new firmware.

System update method:
1. Download and extract the .zip file into the root folder of a USB-stick. Make sure the USB-stick is formatted to FAT32.
2. Insert the USB-stick to your player.
3. Go to Setup>Misc>USB Upgrade and press 'Enter' on your remote control to confirm.
4. Your player will restart and install the new firmware.

!!DO NOT POWER OFF THE UNIT WHILE FLASHING! THIS MIGHT CAUSE DAMAGE AND RESULT IN DEFECT HARDWARE!

Bug-tracking with: bugtracker@acryan.com

You can help us with findings issues/bugs by sending an email directly to our testing team. Use this email address, and with the help of the details you find below, fill in the steps or details needed to reproduce a certain occurrence that you think can be solved with a firmware update. When our testing team receives this, they will try to reproduce the issue you submitted in order to confirm the issue, so our development team can solve them.
Please use this email carefully and only send Bug-related emails. If you need technical support or have any other questions please still use the forum, or our email phone/support. You have details for this here: http://www.acryan.com/web/support/

The email address for sending in bugs is: bugtracker@acryan.com

To make it easier for us to pinpoint your issue, please provide us with the details below when submitting to us:

1. Player model: e.g. ACR-PV73700 for the Playon!HD Mini 2.
2. Firmware version: e.g. r3966 for the current Playon!HD Mini 2 firmware.
3. Reproducibility: always / sometimes / random etc
4. Setup: how are you connected? Via AV Receiver / TV / Router / Switch / Wireless / Wired etc.
5. Operating System (optional): Windows 7 / XP / 2000, Linux (distro)
6. Description of problem: please write an understandable description of the problem so that we can reproduce / confirm this.

Note: Please don't use this bugtracker@acryan.com as technical support. Use it strictly to report reproduce able bugs or issues.

Best regards,

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW

Solid list of fixes - you (and Realtek) are making progress :)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Flashed and apparently working as aspected.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 pm

What a nice surprise just before the weekend. And with a "known issues" section! Thank you, ACR.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:07 pm

So...

Add Subtitle On/Off option under SETUP - MISC to set default action of displaying subtitles on playback

If I have more episodes (series) in the same folder, I have to choose the correct subtitle.
It's a little bit annoying. When the sub and the are the same, the same sub should be the default.

The HD2 don't remember the size of the sub. I think it as importan as the position. Please fix it or make a choose option in the subtitle on/off submenu.

ZOOM
When I set 130% - 100% a dvd-iso, I can't escape from the zoom setup. So, I can't use the left and right cursor :(

Translation
The FREE (space of HDD) in hungarian is SZABAD.... and not INGYENES :)
The INGYENES means you don't have to pay for something.

SHUTDOWN
Nice shutting down logo :)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:39 pm

lyta wrote:
So...

If I have more episodes (series) in the same folder, I have to choose the correct subtitle.
It's a little bit annoying. When the sub and the are the same, the same sub should be the default.

The HD2 don't remember the size of the sub. I think it as importan as the position. Please fix it or make a choose option in the subtitle on/off submenu.

ZOOM
When I set 130% - 100% a dvd-iso, I can't escape from the zoom setup. So, I can't use the left and right cursor :(

Translation
The FREE (space of HDD) in hungarian is SZABAD.... and not INGYENES :)
The INGYENES means you don't have to pay for something.

SHUTDOWN
Nice shutting down logo :)

try press the enter button after you set the zoom to 130%x100%.
does the right and left arrow key`s then still are not able to be used for something else?

;)

"PV73800 v9.5.5.r7317"
"PV76120 v8.5.4.r7317_(European)"

Via HDMI to Onkyo TX-SR508 via HDMI to the tv
All connected by cat6 trough two linksys WRT320N`s to internet. pc WIN7 en laptop Win7

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

Dirk wrote:
lyta wrote:
So...
try press the enter button after you set the zoom to 130%x100%.
does the right and left arrow key`s then still are not able to be used for something else?
;)

Unfortunatelly it dosn't work. I tried it with mkv and iso too :(
I am so lamer, I upgrade with 9.5.5 instead of 9.5.3 ... :D
But after the right firm the 73700 also has these bugs.

Last edited by lyta on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi, will their be an avi fix under NFS protocol in the final version, I would like to have my subs back when watching avi files. I'm really thinking of selling the mini 2 when there isn't a fix

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Arne, the subtitle setting option in Setup->Misc is great, but will it be possible to change/save default size and position there also?

BTW, I noticed that it was not possible to change the position and size of the sub until the first word in the sub has shown on the screen. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:53 am

zeryus wrote:
Arne, the subtitle setting option in Setup->Misc is great, but will it be possible to change/save default size and position there also?

BTW, I noticed that it was not possible to change the position and size of the sub until the first word in the sub has shown on the screen. Has anyone else experienced this ?

I can confirm this....but i think it was there in the earlier releases too..

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:48 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next