View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:21 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Newbie problem 
Hi Guys, I have the mini 2 . I bought it specifically to watch shows from hard drives via usb. Some shows will go through their length without a hitch others and it is getting more common get high noise static , the screen goes very dark , the faces get a dark red colour then the screen will go pink or green. It is getting very annoying. I dont understand about firmware but maybe this is the cure. Please Help
Regards
Sandshoe

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:10 am

Moved to the Mini2 forum, where you are more likely to get a useful answer.

Playon!HD Mini Firmware 7317 modified [192.168.1.3]
PC Windows 7-64 SP1 [192.168.1.DHCP]
PC Windows 7-64 SP1 [192.168.1.DHCP]
ZyXEL P-2812HNU-F1 [192.168.1.1]
Seagate BlackArmor 400 4 x 3TB in RAID-5 [192.168.1.2]

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 am

sandshoe wrote:
Hi Guys, I have the mini 2 . I bought it specifically to watch shows from hard drives via usb. Some shows will go through their length without a hitch others and it is getting more common get high noise static , the screen goes very dark , the faces get a dark red colour then the screen will go pink or green. It is getting very annoying. I dont understand about firmware but maybe this is the cure. Please Help
Regards
Sandshoe
Assuming you're using HDMI, try making sure deep colour is disabled in the Mini2's video setup menu, it can cause strange effects exactly like you're seeing. If the TV setting is "Auto" on the same menu you could also try setting it to the resolution of your TV, but my money would be on deep color.

If it's not that how is your Mini connected? If it goes through an amp or splitter have you tried connecting it straight to the TV?

Hope that helps,

Ray Von

Internet streaming/DLNA/UPNP via TVMobili

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm
Thanks a lot Ray i have moved from deep colour auto and all seems to be going fine.Also Thanks Ray for your input
Much appreciated
Owen

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 am
Meant to thank you also Will
Cheers

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]