Re: help! what firmware do i need to upgrade to ?
For your case I would say r. 4368 would be the best option for now, which is our latest beta firmware. I'm not just saying that, but I really think so. Remember to re-install your index.html for YAMJ to work after updating firmware.
You need to upgrade to r. 3582 and then install r. 4368.
You have r. 3582 download here ->http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7481
You have r. 4368 download here -> viewtopic.php?f=44&t=9237
System update method:
1. Download and extract the .zip file into the root folder of a USB-stick. Make sure the USB-stick is formatted to FAT32.
2. Insert the USB-stick to your player.
3. Go to Setup>System>System update and press 'Enter' on your remote control.
4. Your player will restart and install the new firmware.Remember: First r. 3582. Then Same process with r. 4368!
About the Windows ID/PW issue:
After installing the firmwares above, and making sure your settings are to your liking on your Playon!HD. Make sure you have 'NAS Mode' on and that you have a IP address. Then do the following ->
1. Remove your shares from your PC/Laptop = Unshare them (Important)
2. Do the steps found in this URL -> viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2269
3. Also do step 2 which includes the reg fix.
4. Restart your PC.
5. Share the folders you want to access with Playon!HD and make sure you share them to 'Everyone'.
We will have a fix for this included in our future firmware. We are currently recoding our Samba protocol and it's related to that.
I hope this helps!
Let me know if anything is unclear or not working.