View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:31 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 When will the Playon!DVR-HD get Shipped?? 

I have not canceled mine at it has now been shipped so I sould get it this week. I am aware of all the issues but it is an early firmware so Im sure AC can sort the issues out as they did with the PlayonHD.

Hopefully its worth the wait :think:

Oh and they have posted me a free wireless-n usb for all the waiting :)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 pm

I finally received the PVR75120 yesterday after waiting one month and one week since my order.
"As to thank for my patience" i received an refund of 29,00 Euro (the price of the wireless lan adapter, i ordered too).

After a quick-test the things work, but could work more intuitive and less fiddly.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 am

First post here so something must be good or bad :shock: :shock: :shock:

After a long long wait and reading the negative feedback i was going to cancel my pre-order last Friday but in a reply i was told they would get the units in for shipping later that day. So i allowed them the weekend to get it shipped and got a dispatch email on Monday.

Now not being Dutch im not sure of their delivery systems but they shipped it Monday - tracking inormed me it stayed in Rotterdam until Wednesday and only over the course of yesterday afternoon/evening it finally arrived in the UK. Now I could be being fussy but i do expect an express parcel to travel quicker.

Anyway the parcel arrived today - the internal box was unsealed (presume the inards were cheched by ACRyan staff) and an HDD fitted.

First problem was manual describes process using screws to fix HDD - didnt get any screws and from quick look no fixing holes anyway :lol:

Second problem - i assumed that when the product was described as being twin tuner it meant one cable in that is spilt accross the tuners internally but no this has two antenna inputs and two antenna ouputs.

Thirdly - the manual shows the two inputs at the top of the unit with pictures of female connectors and the outputs at the bottom with male connectors. My unit had these connectors the reverse so Im unsure if the unit is correctly fitted (terminal wise). As the channel scans get NO channels whatsoever it does make me wonder.

Fourthly - when trying the scan channel and getting no channels found on auto i tried to manual scan which leads to another problem - the unit only scan from channel number 59 upwards which is a slight problem as my local area has a channel broadcast over number 54 and i believe one below that too.

So basically the unit will not find any channels and they cant be manually set despite the antenna thruput working flawlessy on a DVB-T TV and receiving all the channels available.

At least the AV-IN works and the network access playback of media on NAS boxes so far.

All in all I didnt intend to use the DVB-T that much as i have cable TV and use the AV-in more but I would like the option to at least work so after the wait as well I am not that satisfied yet and considering my options.

Cozzy

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:58 am

i receved this Email from Ryan, i am wondering what exactly that mean????

there is a copy:

We apologize for the delay in shipment of your Playon!DVRHD but subsequent to manufacturing of the first shipment Realtek released the new improved chipset 1283DD+ . As a manufacturer that values the relationships we have developed with our community and always delivered to consumers cutting edge technology, we have made the decision to stop production of the current 1283DD Realtek chipset based Playon!DVRHD and release the Playon!DVRHD with 1238DD+ chipset, so we can continue to provide consumers with the quality of product they have come to expect from AC Ryan.

We are working urgently on producing and delivering the next version PV76100/PV76120

PV76120 Dual Digital is expected mid to end May, PV76100 Analog+Digital is expected in June

In the meantime we will be giving you a full refund on your order and will keep users informed of shipment of the new model on our website.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope you appreciate our decision on this.

END of COPY.
Pleas explain me sombody i am lost how do have to understand this email??

thanks

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi

I dont know the answer but will make an educated guess ...

The current PlayOnDVR model Numbers PV75100(analogue/digital) & PV75120 (dual digital) will no longer be made and no further orders will be accepted.

Both these models are to be updated and replaced by PlayOnDVR model numbers PV76100 (analogue/digital) and PV76120 (dual digital) which will be available sometime from the middle of May (presumingly this year).

Just means a newer version is to be released and existing version is no longer available.

Hope that makes sense and is correct.

Cozzy

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:56 pm

I ordered also last march 12, 2010. But they were keeps on promising, the reality was the product is not existed yet in the planet. This only an imagination and exaggerated features of hardware media player:

March 22
We are sorry to inform you that the shipment has been delayed again due to
import inspection at the customs, we are expecting the stock to arrive this
week.
We will send out your order as soon as we have the goods in stock.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope for your understanding.
Thank you.

April 01
AC Ryan Europe BV recently has a system upgrade, therefore your order is
also adjusted accordingly. DVR-HD is expected to arrive at our warehouse
between 5th and 6th April, due to prolonged inspection at the customs.
We will send out your order as soon as we get the stock.
If you are not willing to wait for the delivery, we will fully refund your
payment for sure. Please send us a cancellation email accordingly.
We apologize for the delay, and sincerely hope for your understanding.

April 09
Sorry for not sending you an earlier notice, our shipment was delayed again,
estimated new delivery date to our warehouse is either today or Monday
(12/04) as the latest. USA orders shall be shipped out from our logistic
center in Ohio between the 3rd and 4th week of April.
As to thank for all AC Ryan's customers' support and patience, we'd like to
offer a free Wireless-N 300mbps USB Adaptor (retail price $39,00).

April 19
We apologize for the delay in shipment of your Playon!DVRHD but subsequent to manufacturing of the first shipment Realtek released the new improved chipset 1283DD+ . As a manufacturer that values the relationships we have developed with our community and always delivered to consumers cutting edge technology, we have made the decision to stop production of the current 1283DD Realtek chipset based Playon!DVRHD and release the Playon!DVRHD with 1238DD+ chipset, so we can continue to provide consumers with the quality of product they have come to expect from AC Ryan.
We are working urgently on producing and delivering the next version PV76100/PV76120
PV76120 Dual Digital is expected mid to end May, PV76100 Analog+Digital is expected in June

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 pm

I just receved a email from Paypal then AC Ryan gived me a full refund.... the problem is i dint ask for it, i was willing to wait for my playon DVR...

what a strange company!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Montreal wrote:
I just receved a email from Paypal then AC Ryan gived me a full refund.... the problem is i dint ask for it, i was willing to wait for my playon DVR...

what a strange company!

Thats probably because the newer model will have a higher price tag so if they refund you now they can charge you more if you re order the newer model :(

With each passing day my experience of ACRyan is getting poorer, having now requested an RMA for my DVR which isnt working correctly I know they read my request (via email) but after 6 hours they have not replied. Very poor customer service and it is getting worse not better :shock:

Cozzy

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm

just to warn pepoles then this company lie to thers costumers i orded and pay playon DVR 3 march 2010, sins then ryan web site continue to tell pepoles all order before All orders already received before 25-3-2010 will be fully shipped before 10 April 2010.

they lie

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm

I recieved my DVR-HD on the 14th April. I installed my Hdd and booted and all seemed ok for the first 30mins, The unit then started crashing and I have to pull the power. When touching the unit I noticed it was very hot and soon relaised that the fan was not spinning and the HDD was making clicking noises. Upon opening the lid I found that the HDD was VERY VERY HOT.

I reported this to AC and they said that they would send me a new fan, to which I have still not recieved! anyway I thought I would test the fan in the unit to see if it acually the fan and guess what, The FAN is fine! so this must be a main board problem. :o.

Going after a swapout now.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next