View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 When will the Playon!DVR-HD get Shipped?? 

This morning I sent an e-mail to AC Ryan Rotterdam to ask if there was any news.

The reply (in Dutch):

Quote:
Helaas is de lading nog eens 'delayed'.
Ik weet het niet meer waarom, dit is de enige stukje informatie dat werd doorgegeven.

Excuses hiervoor.

Translated to English:

Quote:
Unfortunately, the shipment is 'delayed' again.
I do not know why, this is the only piece of information that was passed.

Apologies for this.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 pm

You got an email :o

I did email them on the 23rd yet still no reply. I sent my email as a direct reply to the order confirmation they sent me. The address was order@acryan.com as opposed to the orders@acryan.com on the website. Not sure if it makes a difference but no reply.

I was going to email them again today but junwei, the AC Ryan staff member from this post, contacted me via PM asking for details to chase my order up for me.

I'll wait and see what that brings I guess.

I'm going to Rotterdam in a couple of weeks. Maybe I should just show up and ask some questions in person :think:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Like the message says above here the shipment is delayd.
Be patient it wil come

And it's worth the waiting i saw yesterday a prototype at HQ pretty cool piece of hardware :)

Blog: http://acryanfaq.blogspot.com

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

kraakie wrote:
Like the message says above here the shipment is delayd.
Be patient it wil come

And it's worth the waiting i saw yesterday a prototype at HQ pretty cool piece of hardware :)

Thanks for feedback. Just to clarify - the whole thing is not about patience but the simple Customer Support communication. If people receive misleading information they will get frustrated... :lol:

Speaking for myself, I was quit excited by the specs and PR ACRyan put into the new DVR-HD. The waiting is not pleasant especially if you stick to one date and after that you learn about another delay.

BTW as you mentioned you saw the prototype - could you CAM some of it and post it on youtube? I can imagine this would make waiting people a little happier :grinning:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm

The problems not with the delay (frustrating as that is I can understand sometimes these things happen and maybe they can't be helped on the part of AC Ryan.)

The problem is with the lack of communication from the company. Any updates "Like the message says above here" have come from other customers posting for the sake of the forum community.

When is someone from AC going to weigh in and keep things clear and updated?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:07 pm

I ordered mine on the 6th March so I guess thats why they are saying early April

Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am

Check out this thread: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showt ... p=44672164

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:19 am

thewiseone wrote:
Hmm some disapointing feedback, however some comments that I would expect like functions not working in standby. Is the unit shipped with the latest firmware I wonder :think:

Hmm some disappointing feedback, however some negative comments on functionality that I would expect like NAS functions not working in standby. Standby is for saving power why would you keep processor and HDD running, if you need to don’t turn it off, (Maybe Wake on Lan would solve this for the user)

Is the unit shipped with the latest firmware I wonder :think:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 am

I've got no issue with keeping the unit turned on as long as it has some power saving/sleep function. I cant find any settings in the Setup to set HDD sleep time. In addition, to make use of the remote scheduling feature, the player has to be kept ON! These are just some quirks. The biggest irritation comes from the crappy remote controller. It has got to be the worst that i've ever encounter. :roll:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:18 am

thewiseone wrote:
I've got no issue with keeping the unit turned on as long as it has some power saving/sleep function. I cant find any settings in the Setup to set HDD sleep time. In addition, to make use of the remote scheduling feature, the player has to be kept ON! These are just some quirks. The biggest irritation comes from the crappy remote controller. It has got to be the worst that i've ever encounter. :roll:

Would you mind sending us some high def photo's of unit and remote please

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next