View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next
 [Official] Firmware_PV73200_v7.4.x.r5440 

mgmcube wrote:
Mikael wrote:
Hello everyone,

I will forward the suggestion of moving the 'Shortcuts' to the top, no promise, I will just bring this up as a suggestion. Someone asked if it's possible to move/customize the main menu and this is not possible for a end user to do.

Br,

Thanks. This would make the mini great :)
Maybe you could just make an option in the settings menu: 'Put shortcut menu item to the top'.
This way people can use it if they want, and leave it stock if they don't want to use it.

+1 on moving it to the top!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am

pfff wrote:
OK, since there are automatic replies from acryan for the big bugs related to realtek, I post my message again :

"I know this is hopeless, but is there any interest left for jukebox in future development ?
There's a "little" problem in this firmware with accented letters in jukebox : the detailed movies don't display cover and can't launch the file.

I made some scripts to remove accents (there's a lot in french !), however I don't think it's up to me to fix basic things that "pro" coders should do. Moreover, it's not acryan problem either but last version of yamj reboot the player (?!). I won't insist on slowness, tiny fonts, lack of categories ...

I understand the limitations of blha blha blha but seriously, are the coders complete amateurs, not enough paid or another mysterious reason ?
Will there be an almost stable firmware(beta or not) with basic features announced before 2020 and Playon!HD 10 (if you're still there ha ha) ?

PS
Problem reported by mail is funny, a bugtracker wouldn't be bad even if you'll have some stupid requests you could set priority for issues (shortcuts asked for 1 year maybe medium priority now?).
End of complaints. Thanks for trying."

Well done for shortcuts even if I didn't try it and I read that it's not remembered for usb drive.
But,
1. Are you still interested in improving movie jukebox as advertised ?

2. Do you consider a Real bugtracker useless ?

3 Don't you think that make your firmware opensource may allow fixing some bugs you don't seem interested in / not able to fix, amateur coders will find some some solution (maybe not perfect) and everyone will be happy : acryan (wouldn't have to pay coders, maybe it's already the case?!) will gain reputation and customers will stop complaining for nothing...

Edit: I tried the favorites feature and Wow it seems to work so thanks a lot even if it's very late. As others said and will repeat continuously, it would be even better to be first choice of the menu (or add ability to manage the entries; we can dream a little...).
A shortcut for movie jukebox would be Fantastic but apparently seems impossible(?!) , I'd like to hear a technical and detailed reason for that except realtek bullshit.

Hello,

Regarding the YAMJ, could you tell me which email you used (in PM) when you sent this in and I will double check if this is already reported. We have received a new YAMJ GUI install with more language support that we are testing currently, so we have not stopped this development, just had higher priority on the firmwares lately.

We use our internal bug tracker since that is how our developers want to work. A public bug tracker is simply not in the plannings and we have thought of it, but decided to stick to our current model.

Opensource will not happen, this would mean company suicide :). There are so many reasons for us not to do this and this will not change in near future.

Thanks for your feedback!

Br,

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:32 am
Profile WWW

Hi,

after upgrading I have some audio problems. Playing youtube content or non dts-files doesnt work with audio set to "Passthrough". One has to set it to "LPCM".

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

dth wrote:
Hi,

after upgrading I have some audio problems. Playing youtube content or non dts-files doesnt work with audio set to "Passthrough". One has to set it to "LPCM".

Hello,

If you are using SPDIF, then this is a known problem since before that is inside the closed SDK that we have notified Realtek about. If not, then let me know!

Br,

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:34 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the new update, with the shortcuts the GUI is getting better and better!

Kraakie, you said on the first page of this topic that the pohd mini does not remember passwords for a nas in the shortcuts. If I go to my nas (trough network option), en select a folder to make a shortcut, it puts the folder in the shortcuts. When I go into that folder from shortcuts, it says ''logged in successfully''. So I don't need to fill in my username and password! :)

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Well, on the balance this new firmware is a step forward!

In his reaction on some identified snags, Mickael gave an answer on the problem
of skipping of Youtube files on monday 15th of august (like SteveCross mentioned earlier).

Mickael, can you clarify your statement
that the "mediaplayer doesnot support all Youtube formats". Why is this?
And is this statement the final conclusion regarding the Playon HD mini and (coming) firmwares? Has it something to do with copyright? Do other Playon contraptions have the same problem? Is there a difference with Youtube XL?

Note that all my pc internetbrowsers connected to the internet via ADSL
perform excellent with Youtube and don't skip youtube files, like the youtube player app on my android smartphone (mobile internet connection)!?

salve,

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm

hello,

I just installed the latest firmware and everything is OK for me except one thing: How to start a slide show? If I press play on a folder nothing happens. If I press play on the first picture in a folder, the picture is displayed but remains fixed .... how can i do ? :lol:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:04 am

After playing the first photo, press the Menu button on your remote. On the right side of the screen you will find the option for slide show time, transitions etc.

Playon!HD Mini Firmware 7317 modified [192.168.178.3]
PC Windows 7-64 SP1 [192.168.178.DHCP]
PC Windows 7-64 SP1 + Virtual XP SP3 [192.168.178.DHCP]
Fritz!Box 7390 [192.168.178.1]
Seagate BlackArmor 400 4 x 3TB in RAID-5 [192.168.178.2]

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 am

Today i installed the new firmware on my mini.
results:
- my hardisk will not be found (wd 500 gbyte 3,5 zoll)
- upnp music streaming, no song information (nothing, no picture, no interpret..)

disappointed ...

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 am

AlfonsoNl wrote:
Well, on the balance this new firmware is a step forward!

In his reaction on some identified snags, Mickael gave an answer on the problem
of skipping of Youtube files on monday 15th of august (like SteveCross mentioned earlier).

Mickael, can you clarify your statement
that the "mediaplayer doesnot support all Youtube formats". Why is this?
And is this statement the final conclusion regarding the Playon HD mini and (coming) firmwares? Has it something to do with copyright? Do other Playon contraptions have the same problem? Is there a difference with Youtube XL?

Note that all my pc internetbrowsers connected to the internet via ADSL
perform excellent with Youtube and don't skip youtube files, like the youtube player app on my android smartphone (mobile internet connection)!?

salve,

Hello,

Yes, I added a bit more to this previous post. This also applies to YouTube XL when it comes to the format of the player.

YouTube skipping some files? This could be several things. Some of the YouTube formats are not supported by our player, and therefore will skip. = This to my information is normally when the files are formatted with VP6 format wich our hardware don't support.

It could also be that you are trying to play mature content, and since you are not able to login (this is a SDK bug that we know of!), you are not able to confirm your age. It could also be that your location/IP/Country has banned some videos based on your IP address and those we are not able to do anything against, if you don't get a VPN server from another country that is.

Br,

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next