View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
 [Official] Firmware_PV73200_v7.4.x.r5440 

This new release contains many new features, some are pretty cool, but a lot of problems that were mentioned in the previous firmware topic are still not solved. For example, when selecting setup during playback, the device reboots itself. In 7.3.x it was possible to change screen resolution from 16x9 to 4x3 during playback. It seems this is no longer possible.
New bug: shortcuts are a great feature but my shortcut to a movie on a local connected USB drive dissapeared after a normal reboot. :|

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 am

Hi everyone,

Will r5440 send DTS-HD MA or Dolby TruHD to the AV Receiver? Wasn't able to perform that with any of the previous FWs.

Setup:
ACR-PV73200 v1073DD + Onkyo HT-R548 AVR, connected via HDMI, and "passthrough HDMI" sound setting on the Mini.

Cheers,
Chris.

PS: the answer is no, it can't. It reads the audio track from a BD full rip as "English DTS HD 6ch", sends it passthrough to the AV Receiver, but on Onkyo's LCD screen only appears "dts". That's a pity :(

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 am
Profile YIM

chrisBM wrote:
PS: the answer is no, it can't. It reads the audio track from a BD full rip as "English DTS HD 6ch", sends it passthrough to the AV Receiver, but on Onkyo's LCD screen only appears "dts". That's a pity :(

DTS HD-MA works fine for me with HDMI audio passthrough. I also have an Onkyo receiver (TX-SR507) which displays the audiostream as DTS HD Master. Don't have any DD TrueHD files, so don't know about that.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:39 pm

GunnarGren wrote:
Set the Scan Storage to On and the player went to crap: press button - press button - press button - response. Press button - press button - press button - press button - response. Well, you get the drift, useless.

I think it's supposed to be even slower the first time (or every time) it scans your media. Just let it scan when you are sleeping and then take it off the next morning.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Ddevries wrote:
chrisBM wrote:

DTS HD-MA works fine for me with HDMI audio passthrough. I also have an Onkyo receiver (TX-SR507) which displays the audiostream as DTS HD Master. Don't have any DD TrueHD files, so don't know about that.

Hmmm, that means that either I am doing something wrong, or you have a newer chipset on your Mini. Mine is connected to the Onkyo with the AC Ryan HDMI 1.3 cable, but it't not working :( I found very strange that the Mini shows DTS HD as audio track, and the Onkyo only receives DTS. The Mini is set to "passthrough", and the AVR is set to "direct". At this time, I have two options:

1. 1073DD with r5440 can't passthrough DTS-HD, only DTS core.
2. Something's wrong with the HDMI cable.

Any advices?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Profile YIM

Can i upgrade this FW from the 7.4.6.r3966 version?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 pm

chrisBM wrote:
Any advices?

Not sure if this will help, but I just (accidentally) found out the following:

even though DTS HD-MA plays on my Onkyo, I wasn't able to play full BD rips stutter free (both video and audio stutters). Because I couldn't remember if this was also the case with my previous FW (SDK3 v4824) I reflashed this fw back onto the mini.

Once I had completed the setup I tried some of my BD rips with DTS HD-MA and the Onkyo didn't recognize the soundtrack. I went over all the setup setting again and I found out that I had forgotten to change the video format from PAL to HDMI auto. After that, the Onkyo recognized the HD-MA track again.

And about the BD stutters: a couple of months ago, I changed my setup from using an external hdd into streaming media through a wired gigabit LAN. To be honest, I can't remember which setup I used the last time I watched a BD rip. It probably was the external HDD...

Does anyone know if it is possible to stream BD rips over a wired LAN or is this beyond the NIC's capability?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Ddevries wrote:
chrisBM wrote:
Any advices?

[..]
And about the BD stutters: a couple of months ago, I changed my setup from using an external hdd into streaming media through a wired gigabit LAN. To be honest, I can't remember which setup I used the last time I watched a BD rip. It probably was the external HDD...

Does anyone know if it is possible to stream BD rips over a wired LAN or is this beyond the NIC's capability?

The wired LAN is not the problem. BD-rips with a lot of data will stutter. It seams that the FW7.4.x is playing more fluently, but can handle less data at once.
I believe that FW with the old interface can handle some more data, but it stutters (every 2 seconds a little hick-up, very noticable in panning-shots).

For me it means i can't play some BD-rips with DTS-sound (have tot choose DD5.1), and also i have to keep the rips within a 10GB-limit.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:16 am

GunnarGren wrote:
Had no plans on hazzleing with anymore flashes and shit (fed up) but gave it one last chance so...

Safe flash - held the power button for 40-50 sek, stuck on initial screen, no response. Let go of the power button and waited 30-40 sek, pressed it again to restart, no response. Was just about to unplugg the power cord (after a while) when the flash started.

No problems after that, added some shortcuts, handling is faster but not all the time ("minor" problem). Finally everything seems to work as it is supposed. I thougth...

After a couple of hours I fired it up again and all the shortcuts was gone. Set the Scan Storage to On and the player went to crap: press button - press button - press button - response. Press button - press button - press button - press button - response. Well, you get the drift, useless.

Fuck it etc. etc.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue.

Do you use a USB-stick that is formatted to FAT32? If not, please do this. If you are using FAT32, possible to try any other USB-stick that you have? The only solution to when you have issues with flashing is the compatibility with the USB-stick. These issues we never face our selves since we always use the same USB-stick brands formatted to FAT32, and history has proven to us that this is this case sensitive at times.

If your problem continues, please take it in for warranty repair since this is not suppose to happen.

Br,

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 am
Profile WWW

chrisBM wrote:
Ddevries wrote:
chrisBM wrote:

Hmmm, that means that either I am doing something wrong, or you have a newer chipset on your Mini. Mine is connected to the Onkyo with the AC Ryan HDMI 1.3 cable, but it't not working :( I found very strange that the Mini shows DTS HD as audio track, and the Onkyo only receives DTS. The Mini is set to "passthrough", and the AVR is set to "direct". At this time, I have two options:

1. 1073DD with r5440 can't passthrough DTS-HD, only DTS core.
2. Something's wrong with the HDMI cable.

Any advices?

Hello,

1073DD does not have HD audio passthrough, this is because of the hardware. You must have the C+ chipset for this.

Br,

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next