Re: [BETA] ACR-PV73200 v7.4.x.r2115 Playon!HD
Overall, looks fantastic! Also, happy with stability and speed.
A few things I've tested, all worked well:
- many containers and video and audio encoding types
- HDMI and Component/SPDIF
- 1080P 60Hz .. / 24 - size was correct, bands when there are on original and not when there aren't, e.g. Dark Knight IMAX intro.
- Dolby Digital, DTS ... (SONY AMP indicators included)
- subtitles (how to move across and select size and font and colour?)
- HDMI CEC
blocking fixed *update*
sometimes still blocks (why??? how???)
- music/mp3 over HDMI and SPDIF
- thumbgen (pressing SLOW) quicker
- ID3 tags
There were a few issues:Major
- cycle of constant reboot with USB HDD plugged in, tried using both usb ports (self-powered). So, haven't been able to try libraries.
- No DTS HD - detects and displays audio track is available, but no audio (switching to LCPM gave 2-channel audio on DTS HD track) - *update*
DTS HD now work, no changed settings... very bizarre.Minor
- system and other inaccessible/hidden folders not hidden (C$, recycle etc)
- London weather old-style, Australasian cities I tried looked great (new style)
- music album art takes first jpg? This is AlbumArtSmall, would prefer folder.jpg (but could rename and you did mention image quality)
- preview view of music and films uses first jpg - thumbgen generated jpg rather than folder or backdrop?
- text input shortcut PLAY to change to symbols tried to play.
- text input language cycled through English (my preferred) and Chinese languages (in European firmware)
Apologies for long post, just trying to give a full picture of what I've found so far. This for me is by far the best firmware yet (and I've tried most) - good job guys (ps: please don't break anything when fixing / adding functionality
What's the icon to the right on network on the home page? If it's wifi control via an Android app I'm in!